Smartphones allow the use of a large number of applications to make life easier for users or simply to entertain them. One of them is Deezer, a kind of digital music library that millions of users can access to listen to their favorite artists, today’s most popular songs, or greatest hits in music history.
Currently, Deezer continues to spread throughout the world. It is already available in up to 16 languages and has registered 16 million users, 6 of whom are connected through its Premium service. Do you want to know in depth what it is about? To discover what Deezer is and how it works, its advantages and disadvantages, we recommend that you continue reading this article.
What is Deezer?
It is a music streaming service in charge of providing its users with access to more than 73 million songs worldwide along with more audio content such as podcasts. In this sense, it is very similar to Tidal and Spotify.
Deezer focuses part of its service on offering high audio quality. In fact, it was a pioneering service to launch Sony 360 Reality Audio on its platform. However, it still does not offer high-resolution audio, a service that Tidal, one of its great competitors, does contain.
Deezer’s Premium service allows users to enjoy CD-quality audio tracks, 16-bit at 44.1 kHz, and in FLAC format. Right now, it can’t compare to Spotify, but it’s a promised feature in your next HiFi plan.
To help you know if Deezer is worth it compared to its competition, in a HOWTO we explain below how it is used and what features make it a useful alternative for users who want to listen to music on one of their mobile devices.
How to use Deezer
Deezer gives users the ability to try their service without needing any payment information, as it opts to show you ads between tracks similar to the free tier available on Spotify. This aspect is one of the ones that can convince you the most, since, in this way, it allows you to test the vast majority of its functions without risk.
However, to use the hi-fi audio and 360 features, you need to sign up with Deezer. You can use it in the web browser on your desktop, as well as in the application that it has dedicated for macOS and Windows. In addition, it has mobile applications for iOS and Android and on various smartwatches. It integrates with various smart speakers, entertainment, and information systems for TV platforms and automobiles.
When you first launch this application, Deezer offers you a very intuitive and pleasant way to select the artists you like the most. With each artist selected, more will appear so you can listen to other related songs and bands. It is a very simple process and it only takes a few minutes to execute.
Deezer uses this application to browse data to select playlists, and suggest artists and other tracks that you will be able to enjoy from the first day of using the service. The platform navigation is very easy, and the user interface is quite simple, so you can directly access the music available on Deezer.
Like all music platforms, Deezer has a number of advantages and disadvantages to consider. They are the following:
- It is an app that has Music Discovery features like Inspired By and Flow. These features allow users to discover music that otherwise would not have a choice.
- Deezer offers a 30-day free trial to new users. This period gives them a margin of time to decide whether or not to subscribe to the service. Even after this free trial, it has a free package that allows its users to continue enjoying the service.
- The application is available in more than 180 countries, giving users from all over the world the opportunity to try it, since otherwise many of them would have their access blocked due to their geographical location.
- Users of paid packages can download music from the platform and listen to it later, even while offline.
- With a smaller user base, Deezer has less effective social networking than other apps. This aspect is due to the fact that users prefer to use the sharing function in more popular applications, such as Spotify.
- Although its users have the option to stay on Deezer at the free tier, ads interrupt playlists.
- There are users who have reported a bad experience regarding sound quality, deficient in its free version compared to the premium service.
- The user support base is difficult to contact, according to reports from some customers. In the user help section of the web, Deezer does not provide contacts that include telephone numbers or any email address to which its subscribers can be directed.