On Linkedin you can create a series of personal and professional contacts of great interest; However, if you want to block someone on Linkedin from seeing your profile, sending you messages, or receiving feedback, you can do so quickly and easily.
In this article, We show you step by step how to block someone on Linkedin and thus delete them from your network of professional contacts.
Steps to follow:
The first thing you have to do to know how to block someone on Linkedin is to log into your account and search for the profile of this specific person.
When you have his profile in front of you, you must pass the cursor over the arrow that goes down; You will find this arrow next to the option highlighted in blue “Send a message”, as we show you in the screenshot.
When you hover over this arrow, a drop-down menu will appear with different options: the last one is the one that offers you the option to “Block or Report”; You must select it to be able to proceed with the blocking of the contact on Linkedin.
Next, a box will appear in the center of the screen indicating the two possible options you can choose: either block or report. Along with them, Linkedin offers you a series of explanations so that you understand what you will cause by carrying out this option.
If you want to block someone on Linkedin, you must choose the first option, as you will see in the attached image.
If you want to block someone on Linkedin, you must take into account that you will not be able to perform the following actions:
- You will not be able to access his profile on Linkedin, nor will he be able to consult yours.
- You will not be able to send him any message, nor he you.
- You will stop being connected to your network of contacts.
- The validations and/or recommendations that you had from that contact would be removed from your Linkedin profile .
Aspects to take into account to know how to block someone on Linkedin :
- The contact you have blocked will not be informed of the block you have made.
- Anonymous users will still be able to see your profile on Linkedin: there is still no way to block this user from accessing your data.
- Blocking someone on Linkedin can only be done from a desktop PC; from a mobile device or a tablet, this option is not yet developed.